[CentOS] Intermittently unresponsive mouse

agents at meddatainc.com
Sun Nov 5 15:26:27 UTC 2017

I am using the Mate desktop on CentOS 7 and have found that the mouse intermittently becomes unresponsive for a few seconds, typically no more than 3-5 seconds. I do not remember seeing that when I used the regular Gnome desktop on CentOS 6 but I could misremember. The machine is fast and uses a dual-monitor setup with the native nVidia graphics driver.

Is this really to be expected? I thought this was not an issue on Linux or maybe I am engaging in wishful thinking...