[CentOS] Intermittently unresponsive mouse

wwp subscript at free.fr
Sun Nov 5 16:22:42 UTC 2017

Hello H,

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 10:26:27 -0500 H <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:

> I am using the Mate desktop on CentOS 7 and have found that the mouse intermittently becomes unresponsive for a few seconds, typically no more than 3-5 seconds. I do not remember seeing that when I used the regular Gnome desktop on CentOS 6 but I could misremember. The machine is fast and uses a dual-monitor setup with the native nVidia graphics driver.
>
> Is this really to be expected? I thought this was not an issue on Linux or maybe I am engaging in wishful thinking...

Do you reproduce the same issue w/ another hardware (mouse or trackpad
if it's a laptop).

Does `tail -F /var/log/messages` show anything special while this is
happening?

Would be nice to check the resources consumption too, in order to see it
those lags correspond to high-activity peaks.

Regards,

--
wwp