[CentOS] HP laptops with CentOS 7?

Mark Haney mark.haney at neonova.net
Tue Nov 7 13:09:34 UTC 2017

On 11/07/2017 01:41 AM, Sorin Srbu wrote:

> When I first started at this job almost twenty years ago fresh out of
> IT-school, I had an idea to use a Windows print server as this was what I
> knew.
> I wasn't trusted with the *nix farm yet then.
> Over the years I have tried at least once a year to get our Linux-computers
> to talk to our AD-connected Windows Servers, but haven't quite made it yet.
> I've also tried to get the AD-connected Windows-clients to talk to a Linux
> print server to no avail. Granted it's been awhile now since I tried. Maybe
> I'll give it another go. Both the Windows and Linux OS:es have developed
> quite a bit the last ten years...

I've had no problems printing to AD connected print servers with Linux
in a decade.  Either with the Linux box (usually Fedora, but Ubuntu as
well) as part of the AD domain or not part of the domain.

Generally all the printer issues with Windows print servers is the print
spool getting jacked up and having to be restarted.  It's better in
Server 2016, but still crap IMHO.

--
Mark Haney
Network Engineer at NeoNova