[CentOS] CentOS 7 + NVidia Quadro 2000 graphic card

Nicolas Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Thu Nov 9 17:42:07 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm currently trying to install CentOS 7 (desktop) on a Lenovo
workstation with an NVidia Quadro 2000 graphical card.

Normally I know my way around NVidia cards and how to configure them
either using the ELRepo drivers or those downloaded from nvidia.com. I
have written a corresponding article on my blog:

https://blog.microlinux.fr/nvidia-centos/

But this time it looks like I have no luck. ELRepo's nvidia-detect
utility detected the 'kmod-nvidia' driver, but installing it gave no
result. No X.

Then I tried a manual install, blacklisting nouveau, installing the
necessary build tools, etc. The driver would build OK, but again, no
luck, no X.

Has anybody got this card to behave under RHEL/CentOS 7 ?

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr