[CentOS] VMWare Workstation 14 on CentOS 7?

wwp

subscript at free.fr
Sun Nov 12 18:45:43 UTC 2017

Hello,

did anybody succeed in installing/updating to VMWare Workstation
14.0.0-6661328 on an updated CentOS 7 (kernel 4.9.54-203.el7.centos.x86_64)?

Here it fails at building vmmon/vmnet modules.

I couldn't find anything about this on the Internet.. WS seems to get
less popular and unfortunately reproduces the same inability to install
upon kernel updates, that drives me nut for years now. Please don't
suggest other VM sw, I'm stuck to VMWare WS at work..

Regards,

--
wwp