[CentOS] How to blacklist a device driver (sysemd)

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 17:39:35 UTC 2017

On 11/16/2017 08:59 AM, Frank Thommen wrote:
> Thanks for the hint.  However as this should only be a temporary
> measure and needs to be done on ca. 100 hosts I'm not sure if we want
> to go through the hassles.  Deploying a textfile is no problem, but
> creating new initrds for differing hardware....

Well, use "lsinitrd /boot/<initrd>" to confirm that the driver is
actually part of yours.  If so, I suspect you'll at least need to add
the kernel args.  At a minimum, that'd require distributing a modified
/etc/default/grub and running "grub2-mkconfig -o /etc/grub2-efi.cfg".
It might not require any other changes...