[CentOS] gnome boot problem

Pete Biggs pete at biggs.org.uk
Thu Nov 16 23:01:35 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-11-16 at 22:45 +0000, dominic adair-jones wrote:
> Ok that's what I figured Ive narrowed it down to Plymouth but I haven't
> found much info on what the fix is.

No, plymouth is the process that controls the booting process. It is
not the problem. It is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing -
waiting for a process to finish before going on to its next task. You
should use journalctl to see what task it is waiting on.

>  As of now I can ctl alt f2 and run
> startx to get to a desktop.

What graphics card do you have?

>  When I try to run gui (such as keepnote or
> chromium) from within my vms now tho I get errors.

What errors.

P.