[CentOS] gnome boot problem

dominic adair-jones dominic.adairjones at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:16:45 UTC 2017

yessir i can alt+ctl+f2 into another tty and run startx from there to
get into my desktop
as of this morning the "plymouth wait" error was running for about 6
hours whatever is causing it to hang never completes
the screen does go into graphical mode..i unlock my volume and then
the grey background with the 7 and spinning white circle comes
up...the circle spins out and then the screen just sits there it never
boots into the actual desktop.

this happened about a month ago i ran a kernel update, then clean up.
i went to sleep and my server shut off. I turned it back on and have
been experiencing this issue ever since. I removed plymouth and then
logged into the 2nd tty and just left it running for about a month
since its my host and i had alot of stuff on there i needed to access.
i have a little downtime for the next few days so im trying to go back
and get this figured out.