[CentOS] Admins supporting both RHEL and CentOS

Sorin Srbu Sorin.Srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Wed Nov 29 07:26:12 UTC 2017

I treat them as rolling releases.
Except for those I don't. :-)

Seriously, some of the RHEL-boxes we use, require a particular point release
as well as not allowing any updates to the OS. At all.
Yeah, I know...
If updated, the instrument software will break, like in an atomic mushroom
cloud, rendering critical hardware non-working and lab people standing
outside my office with torches, pitch-forks and all the shebang.
Yupp, unfortunately that's the current state of some lab equipment
manufacturers that use RHEL as a base...

--
//Sorin