[CentOS] home on nfs

Wed Nov 1 10:13:40 UTC 2017
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 17:02:08 +0100
hw <hw at adminart.net> wrote:

> Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org> writes:

> >> Oh, indeed, I didn´t know that I need to do that.
> >>
> >> Do I do this on the client or on the server or both?
> >
> > Just the client.
>
> Thanks, I tried that and it works now :)

An alternative (quite possibly less mature) is to export the nfs mount
with "security_level" and make sure to mount with version 4.2.

This will instead make NFS handle the security contexts and allow the
nfs mount to work as any other selinux compatible file system.

Afaict this should work on 7.4 but I've only ever tried it on Fedora.

/Peter