[CentOS] modestly priced laptop for C7

Thu Nov 2 17:41:29 UTC 2017
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

I'm looking to replace my (old, creaky) netbook (Acer Aspire One D255e,
a screaming dual core 1.6 GHz Atom, and a whole 2 gigs of RAM) with
something faster but not too large. Sometimes (usually) the netbook is
painfully slow.

Something like a  hi-res 14 (or 15) inch screen (full HD), minimum of 4 gigs
RAM, HD of a half terabyte or bigger.

I'd like to not have to go over 600-700 dollars, so I know my choices
are somewhat limited if I want to avoid the 400-500 dollar windows 10
junk^H^H^H^Hsystems from BJs, etc.

Something with a quad-core processor, and all hardware works with C7.

I've glanced at Lenovo Thinkpads on amazon where there are several
"factory refurbished" ones with similar specs to what I mention above
in the $500-700 range, but I don't know if they're any good or not

I'm open to suggestions from any/all of you!

thanks in advance!

Fred

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.