[CentOS] modestly priced laptop for C7

Thu Nov 2 20:06:15 UTC 2017
Leroy Tennison <leroy at datavoiceint.com>

And I agree too, running Kubuntu 14.04 LTS on an HP Pavilion dv7 is acceptable, running Windows 7 was dog slow - hard drive crashed and we lost the Windoze license, sad story, all I could do was install Linux and go on instead of dual-booting when I needed Windoze - such a shame :-) :-) :-)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yves Bellefeuille" <yan at storm.ca>
To: "centos" <centos at centos.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 2, 2017 2:41:03 PM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] modestly priced laptop for C7

Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:

>  And you are talking about 8 years old system on what would be called
>  decent hardware about the same 8 years back, right?

The hardware is 6 years old and, at the time, Tech Report called it
"the best netbook we've ever tested". So it was quite good (for a
netbook) at the time.

Everything depends on the OP's intended use, of course. I just wanted
to disagree that you need better hardware for Linux than for Windows,
or at least for CentOS 6 than Windows 7.

--
Yves Bellefeuille
<yan at storm.ca>