[CentOS] low end file server with h/w RAID - recommendations

Fri Nov 3 03:05:19 UTC 2017
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2017-11-02, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, November 2, 2017 4:43 pm, Keith Keller wrote:
>>
>> There are Nagios plugins that can check the status of LSI controllers,
>> arrays, and drives.  The plugin is nice even if you don't use Nagios;
>> it'd be pretty easy to write a short shell wrapper that sent email if
>> the plugin status wasn't OK.
>
> Thanks, Keith, you just solved one of my problems (and I do use nagios, so
> life is even better ;-)

Fabulous!  Glad I could help.  :)

I think the one I'm using is by Thomas Krenn:

https://github.com/thomas-krenn/check_lsi_raid

It's pretty thorough.  It's a little too sensitive sometimes; for
example, it will alert critical for a drive that's rebuilding (e.g. if
you replaced a failing drive recently).  But it covers everything I know
of, including physical devices, logical volumes, and BBUs.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us