[CentOS] Intermittently unresponsive mouse

Sun Nov 5 17:20:38 UTC 2017
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

> Date: Sunday, November 05, 2017 17:22:42 +0100
> From: wwp <subscript at free.fr>
>
> On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 10:26:27 -0500 H <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:
>
>> I am using the Mate desktop on CentOS 7 and have found that the
>> mouse intermittently becomes unresponsive for a few seconds,
>> typically no more than 3-5 seconds. I do not remember seeing that
>> when I used the regular Gnome desktop on CentOS 6 but I could
>> misremember. The machine is fast and uses a dual-monitor setup
>> with the native nVidia graphics driver.
>>
>> Is this really to be expected? I thought this was not an issue on
>> Linux or maybe I am engaging in wishful thinking...
>
> Do you reproduce the same issue w/ another hardware (mouse or
> trackpad if it's a laptop).
>
> Does `tail -F /var/log/messages` show anything special while this is
> happening?
>
> Would be nice to check the resources consumption too, in order to
> see it those lags correspond to high-activity peaks.

How is the mouse connected -- ps/2, usb, bluetooth, something else
(e.g., mouse-specific dongle)?

I use a touchpad that's built into my usb-connected keyboard and
don't encounter mouse latency issues with c7/mate.