[CentOS] Is CentOS extras repo broken?

Mon Nov 6 13:48:09 UTC 2017
Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com>

On 6 November 2017 at 15:07, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> On 11/06/2017 07:04 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> On 11/06/2017 06:47 AM, Barak Korren wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to run 'reposync' against centos-extras and am getting an
>>> error like this:
>>>
>>>     python-itsdangerous-0.23-2 0% [                 ]  0.0 B/s |    0
>>> B   --:-- ETA
>>>
>>>     python-itsdangerous-0.23-2.el7 FAILED
>>>
>>>     python-itsdangerous-0.23-2 0% [                 ]  0.0 B/s |    0
>>> B   --:-- ETA
>>>     python-itsdangerous-0.23-2.el7.noarch: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>>>
>>> Is that package missing from the repo for some reason?
>>> Is the repo metadata outdated?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>> That file is there (on the master server and the several
>> mirror.centos.org servers I looked at) .. however, it is was released on
>> 11/3 so, depending on where you are trying to reposync from, it could be
>> delayed .. especially if it is an external mirror.
>
> Although, the repodata syncs AFTER the Packages/ content, so
> theoretically the repodata should not be on a server before the package
> .. at least on mirror.centos.org

I'm using the mirrorlist URL:

mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=extras&infra=$infra

So if its just one bad mirror I should be failing over to another one no?

I have an automated job doing the sync every few hours, and its been
failing constantly on this since 04-Nov-2017 02:32:00 , so it doesn't
look like its just gonna solve itself when the mirrors finish syncing.

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi