[CentOS] Nvidia error

Mon Nov 6 21:10:41 UTC 2017
Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org>

On 06/11/17 18:19, Jerry Geis wrote:
> yes the error is still the .90
>
> I looked back, everything was working Friday... I did a yum update on
> Friday but did not reboot. I rebooted this morning and I have the issue.
> The kernel package before was NOT the 693.5.2 it was 692.2.2
>
> Does that help at all ? my kernel is not yet supported or something ?
>
> Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Yes, it is supported and it should work, so I'm not sure what has gone
wrong for you (other than you failed to reboot after the update), but
lets see if we can fix it.

Please start by uninstalling and reinstalling the nvidia packages to see
if that fixes the issue:

yum erase kmod-nvidia nvidia-x11-drv
yum install kmod-nvidia nvidia-x11-drv

and reboot the system.

If it's still not working after a reboot, please could you post any
error messages (again) together with the output (as root) from:

lsinitrd -k $(uname -r) | grep nvidia.*ko

and the output from:

find /lib/modules/ -name nvidia*.ko