[CentOS] gnome boot problem

Fri Nov 17 15:04:44 UTC 2017

dominic adair-jones wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 9:14 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> dominic adair-jones wrote:
>>> going to run journalctl this evening when i get in and relay any errors
>>> i see.

>> Please stop top posting.
>>
>> It really sounds like a graphics driver error. Have you looked in
>> /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
> sorry about that first time publicly posting like this. I will check
> this evening. I did remove the x0rg drivers and plymouth but didnt
> check the logs as it got late.

Reading the thread in this post, I see you saying that startx works....
That would suggest that graphics works, but something in trying to go into
runlevel 5 is funny.

Stupid question: how long have you waited? C7 seems to take an
unconsciously long time for the X login to come up.

Do you see the screen go into graphical mode during the boot? You know,
when it'll go black, then smaller fonts, and more lines on the screen?

Starting to wonder about a timing issue, with a driver not loading.

    mark