[CentOS] skypeforlinux lacks dependencies, won't update

Tue Nov 21 01:22:19 UTC 2017
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 11/20/2017 07:13 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> On 11/20/17 03:44, wwp wrote:
>> Hello,

>>> Thanks for pointing this out, it looks like they removed the newer
>>> GLIBCXX requirement that was added for 8.10, possibly due to popular demand?
>>
>> Maybe. Unpacking the rpm works, anyway, I never encountered a single
>> binary issue since I use it like that (ordinary use, I probably don't
>> use that text encoding or whatever submodule which depends on a newer
>> libstdc++).
>>

> Please explain "Unpacking the RPM".  How is one to do that when there
> are broken dependencies?

Easy.
    rpm2cpio /path/to/whatever.rpm | cpio -idm

Probably best to do that in a temporary directory and see what you get.
See the cpio manpage for other options.

                 Do NOT delete it.