[CentOS] File access in Apache 2.4

Mon Nov 27 13:54:23 UTC 2017
Peter Eckel <lists at eckel-edv.de>

Hi Gordon,

> Or you could just run "systemctl edit httpd.service" like I suggested two days ago.  :)

... which is a nice way of doing it quickly, indeed. Thanks for the hint, I didn't know that command.

However there is one disadvantage: All changes go into a file named 'override.conf', and if one wants to separate them it's still necessary to know where the configuration change is actually stored.

I do a lot of stuff with tools like Ansible these days and have made it a custom to keep separate configuration changes in separate files (and 'systemctl edit ...' wouldn't work well for that purpose anyway).

Cheers,

  Peter.