[CentOS] Failed attempts

Tue Nov 28 20:52:36 UTC 2017

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 11/28/2017 12:04 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>> Thanks, Lamar! that is very instructive.
> You're welcome.
>
>>   I was always unimpressed with
>> persistence of attempts to make more secure (less pickable) cylinder
>> cased
>> locks (precision, multi-level, pins at a weird locations/angles).
>
> The best way to make an unpickable lock is to make the tolerances of the
> pins and the cylinder bore as tight as possible, since picking relies on
> part tolerances to work.  But several sidebar designs are out there that
> are pretty hard to pick, including Schlage Primus, the various Medeco
> styles, and others, such as the Kaba dimple locks used on Cisco Metro
> 1500 DWDM gear for power switches (the lasers are powerful enough to
> permanently damage your eyes in short order in those).
<snip>
Whenever I get a CAT scan, I point out to the techs that half the warning
label is missing: all I see is "Do not start into laser", and not the rest
that reads "with remaining eye".

Don't mind me: I just spent *far* too long doing my "mid-year performance
checkin" for my employer, in Workday (the sooner that dies, the better),
and it was designed by idiots, and is not suitable for what 90% of the
company does.... And I'm *really* aggravated.

       mark