[CentOS] compile webkit

ken

gebser at mousecar.com
Mon Oct 2 00:32:58 UTC 2017

On 09/30/2017 10:33 AM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am trying to compile webkitgtk
> I downloaded the webkit source, extracted
>
> CMake Error at Source/cmake/OptionsGTK.cmake:12 (message):
>    GCC 4.9.0 is required to build WebKitGTK+, use a newer GCC version or
> clang
>
> I downloaded 2.14.7 - just like CentOS 7.4 has, how can I be getting a GCC
> error  ?

Jerry, it looks to me like cmake wants gcc v.4.9.0, but you've got
v.2.14.7.  You could find and download gcc v.4.9.0 and install it, say,
to /usr/local/bin/ and adjust the makefile or args to cmake
accordingly... or maybe it wouldn't even need any of that.

> My goal is to get the MediaSource package in webkit working. It seems to
> not be enabled.
> Is there a better way ?

There might be, but I have no idea even what webkit does... and I've
even got webkitgtk3 installed and didn't know it was there... looking
around in the "Applications" menu and in the files included in the
package, I couldn't find a way to launch it or any documentation about
it.  Unless somebody argues really good with me, I'll probably think I
don't need it.  :)  So better way for what?

> Thanks,

No charge, it's open source.