[CentOS] compile webkit

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Oct 2 23:51:21 UTC 2017

On 09/30/2017 09:33 AM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am trying to compile webkitgtk
> I downloaded the webkit source, extracted
>
> CMake Error at Source/cmake/OptionsGTK.cmake:12 (message):
>   GCC 4.9.0 is required to build WebKitGTK+, use a newer GCC version or
> clang
>
> I downloaded 2.14.7 - just like CentOS 7.4 has, how can I be getting a GCC
> error  ?
>

> My goal is to get the MediaSource package in webkit working. It seems to
> not be enabled.
> Is there a better way ?

The webkitgtk4 needs to use the devtoolset-6 gcc to build.

This is my root log to get it to build:
https://buildlogs.centos.org/c7.1708.00/webkitgtk4/20170808203516/2.14.7-2.el7.x86_64/root.log

I used the CentOS SCL SIG version of devtoolset in this mock config:
https://buildlogs.centos.org/c7.1708.00/webkitgtk4/20170808203516/2.14.7-2.el7.x86_64/mock.cfg