[CentOS] Voice/Fax Modem advice

José María Terry Jiménez jtj at tssystems.net
Wed Oct 4 21:06:31 UTC 2017

El 4/10/17 a las 22:18, david escribió:

> Interesting reference, but I see nothing that talks about using my
> POTS (plain old telephone service) from the local phone company as
> where my phone activity is.  I do NOT use VOIP, SIP, nor a bunch of
> other acronyms.
This device has 1 FXO and 1 FXS port, you can connect 1 POTS and 1
Analog phone to it, they are "converted" to SIP and then you can manage
that from Asterisk. The same that an analog card but instead connect to
a computer slot, goes by Ethernet and cheaper (instead a DAHDI channel
use a SIP channel).