[CentOS] SELinux - Re: how to prevent files and directories from being deleted?

Andrew Holway

andrew.holway at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 09:46:23 UTC 2017

> Well, what am I supposed to do?  The socket (or what it was) needs to be
> put somewhere, and IIRC, it wasn´t my choice to put it there but is a
> default.

I am confused why you would want persistence for these objects in any
operating system. Could you show us the relevant errors you are getting
when rebooting?

You mentioned SELinux. Is the problem that you have SELinux enabled and the
packages that you are using do not come with an appropriate SELinux policy
making them unable to open sockets / write pid files? Which SELinux context
are these applications running in?