[CentOS] CUDA tools?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Oct 5 21:07:47 UTC 2017

vychytraly . wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 9:51 PM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>>
>> So, kmod-nvidia installed. Trouble is, I have no tool to test it. And my
>> user might need nvcc, which, of course, is only provided by the NVidia
>> CUDA, which won't install, because it conflicts with kmod-nvidia.
>>
>> Has *anyone* dealt with this? If so, what was your solution?
>>
> Are you installing CUDA from official NVidia repository?

Please don't top post.

Why, is there some other? I did try, last week, and went through one
failure after another. Actually, my user's testing now with kmod-nvidia.
If that doesn't work, I'm back to square one: uninstall everything, then
start with CUDA, rather than the proprietary driver. If that doesn't work,
uninstall CUDA, then try the most-current proprietary driver.... (The last
try wouldn't build, because of the lack of .../include/linux/fence.h.)

     mark