[CentOS] firefox and D state

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Fri Oct 6 20:25:22 UTC 2017

On 10/04/2017 12:46 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2017, ken wrote:
>
>> On 09/24/2017 02:26 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>
>>> From here:
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/
>>> ?
>>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> It can also be accessed from within Firefox -> Tools -> Add-ons ->
>> Extensions.  Then search for it, etc.
>
> Thanks.
> It works.

Glad to hear it.

Unfortunately, it's quite difficult to determine which script eats up
the system's resources, notably its CPU and RAM). Moreover, NoScript can
only blacklist domain names, not offensive (probably defective) scripts.

NoScript, though, shouldn't take the blame for this problem.  A lot of
websites use javascript and use it too much.  In addition, many websites
use code from other sites over which they have no control.  And Firefox,
which is in many ways a really effective and useful browser, provides no
tools (none I know of) which allows users even just to track processes
launched by a visited website, let alone throttle or kill those which
are causing problems.  It's a serious problem which deserves a lot more
attention than it's getting.