[CentOS] Announcement: 32 bit Wine repo for RHEL and CentOS 7

Richard Grainger

grainger at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 18:43:57 UTC 2017

Hi all

I've created a yum repo for 32 bit wine packages on RHEL and CentOS 7:

https://harbottle.gitlab.io/wine32/7/i386/

The Wine packages work on both 32 bit and 64 bit RHEL/CentOS 7. There is no
32 bit version of the EPEL repo, where the standard RHEL/CentOS Wine
packages can be found, so you may find this new repo useful if you need to
run Windows software that requires the 32 bit version of Wine.

The packages are all built from the EPEL source RPMs.  I had to tweak the
spec file for wine itself slightly, but for the dependencies it's all pure
rebuilds.

Instructions:

Code:
yum -y install https://harbottle.gitlab.io/wine32/7/i386/wine32-release.rpm
yum -y install wine.i686

Please give it a try and tell me what you think!  It probably needs more
testing.