[CentOS] /boot partition too small

KM

info4km at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 13:55:27 UTC 2017

First off - let me say I am not an administrator.   I need to know if there is an easy way to increase my /boot partition.  When I installed CentOS 6 after running 5, it was my oversight not to increase the /boot size.  it's too small and I can't do yum updates.
if it's not easy to actually increase it, is it safe to take a chunk in my root filesystem (like /new.boot or something) and just mount it as /boot from now on so it uses the space or is that not a good idea?  I am sure I could easily copy the rpms/kernel stuff over to it and then unmounts the real /boot and mount this new area as /boot.
Can you administrators let me know what you think of all this?   Thanks in advance.
KM