[CentOS] /boot partition too small

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed Oct 11 14:02:23 UTC 2017

Le 10/10/2017 à 15:55, KM a écrit :
> First off - let me say I am not an administrator.   I need to know if
> there is an easy way to increase my /boot partition.  When I
> installed CentOS 6 after running 5, it was my oversight not to
> increase the /boot size.  it's too small and I can't do yum updates.

Here's a possible solution to your problem:

  # yum install yum-utils
  # package-cleanup --oldkernels --count=1
  # yum update

Prevent this from happening again by editing /etc/yum.conf:

  installonly_limit=2 (default value 5, reduce to 2)

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr