[CentOS] /var/run/... being deleted :((

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Oct 13 15:41:58 UTC 2017

On 10/13/2017 10:02 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> I see at least two possible intermediate results:
> The RHEL 7 folks do something, perhaps make a package,
> to  make pseudo-persistence super easy to get. ...
This already exists as systemd-tmpfiles, as was mentioned in the thread
by someone else.  Any packages needing anything to be initialized in
/var/run (sockets, named pipes, etc) should use that mechanism for those
things to be created each boot; that's why I used the term
'pseudo-persistence' as the persistence of this information is a mirage.