[CentOS] CentOS 7 not shutting down correctly

Nicolas Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Sun Oct 15 19:14:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have CentOS 7 with KDE installed on my workstation. Sometimes - like
just now - the system refuses to shutdown correctly. The problem
appeared since I installed the OpenVAS vulnerability scanner (the one
from EPEL), so I don't know if this is linked. When I try to shutdown
the system, I see shutdown messages, and then it stops short on the
following message:

[ OK ] Stopped logout off all iSCSI sessions on shutdown

After this I can wait for hours, nothing happens until I hit the Reset
button.

Now I'm a bit frustrated because this kind of behavior was the reason I
left the Windows world back in 2001, to discover the joys of Slackware
and then Red Hat.

I also notice this kind of thing never (ever) happened with CentOS
versions 5.x and 6.x.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Niki