[CentOS] gdevilspie on mate

wwp subscript at free.fr
Wed Oct 18 08:41:03 UTC 2017

On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:34:53 +0200 wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 22:11:22 +0000 Ian Mortimer <i.mortimer at uq.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2017-10-17 at 12:29 -0400, H wrote:
> >
> > > Do you know if it is supposed to work with the Mate desktop or just
> > > Gnome?
> >
> > I don't know but with the dependencies installed and the fix of
> > commenting out line 374, it starts on MATE.
> >
> > A couple of concerns:
> >
> >   the last commit to gdevilspie source was in Jun 12, 2010
> >
> >   devilspie is no longer maintained; development moved to devilsipe2
> >   but that project is now looking for a new maintainer:
> >
> >   http://www.nongnu.org/devilspie2/
> >
> > devilspie2 is in epel (and Fedora).  devilspie and gdevilspie packages
> > come from nux.
>
> I use devilspie.x86_64 (0.22) from nux repo here (CentOS7), simply
> works.
> The repo also provides devilspie2.x86_64, BTW.

Sorry, the *epel* repo provides devilspie2.

Using devilspie 0.22 here and gdevilspie 0.5 (both from nux), and w/
the dependency to gnome-python2-libwnck satisfied, I get this:

$ gdevilspie
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gdevilspie", line 893, in <module>
    MainWindow = RulesListWindow()
  File "/usr/bin/gdevilspie", line 374, in __init__
    self.UpdateAutostartStatus()
  File "/usr/bin/gdevilspie", line 545, in UpdateAutostartStatus
    if (os.path.exists(xdg.DesktopEntry.xdg_config_home + "/autostart/devilspie.desktop")):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'xdg_config_home'

Regards,

--
wwp