[CentOS] Firefox Sync Server 1.5 on CentOS 7

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 06:50:31 UTC 2017

On 10/22/2017 10:09 PM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Any comments so far? As far as I can see, you created a
> /usr/local/lib/sync-1.5/ directory and built this stuff there. As root
> or as a different user? Any custom permissions there?

The installation can be performed as a non-apache user, providing that
apache can read the directory tree.  Apache should not have write access
to any files created during the build process.

However, the software is run by the apache user, so apache needs to own
the database.  Assuming a sqlite3 build, syncserver.ini will refer to a
file as "sqluri".  The file identified by that setting should be owned
and writable by the apache user.

Is the problem that this application works when it's run standalone, but
not through apache?  I'm a little unclear since you said that you had
two clients working.