[CentOS] kmod-jfs on Centos 6

agents at meddatainc.com
Thu Oct 26 22:11:31 UTC 2017

On 04/18/2017 12:54 PM, H wrote:
> A  couple of days ago I submitted a request to ElRepo and kmod-jfs is now available for CentOS 7 as well.
>
> On 04/12/2017 12:58 AM, H wrote:
>> Thank you, installed it and it worked fine. Now I am looking for the same for CentOS 7... It did not look like you have that in your repository?
>>

>> On 3/13/2017 1:09 PM, Nux! wrote:
>>> yum -y install http://mirrors.coreix.net/elrepo/elrepo/el6/x86_64/RPMS/kmod-jfs-0.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm
>>>
>>> (that's for 64bit, adjust the url accordingly for 32bit)
>>>
>>> it won't hose your system
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>>
>>> Nux!
>>> www.nux.ro

Did not have a need to mount a JFS disk on my CentOS 7 system until today and it does not want to be mounted, instead complaining "unknown filesystem type 'jfs'". I do have kmod-jfs installed.

The commandline I use is:

mount -t "jfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid" "/dev/sdb1" /mnt/share

I am doing this as root and /mnt/share has been created for the root user.

What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have JFS volumes mounted under CentOS 7?