[CentOS] kmod-jfs on Centos 6

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 00:01:52 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 4:17 PM, H <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:

> On October 26, 2017 6:31:04 PM EDT, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

> >is
> >> now available for CentOS 7 as well.
> >> >

> >> Did not have a need to mount a JFS disk on my CentOS 7 system until
> >today
> >> and it does not want to be mounted, instead complaining "unknown
> >filesystem
> >> type 'jfs'". I do have kmod-jfs installed.
> >>
> >> The commandline I use is:
> >>
> >> mount -t "jfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid" "/dev/sdb1"
> >/mnt/share
> >>
> >> I am doing this as root and /mnt/share has been created for the root
> >user.
> >>
> >> What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have JFS volumes mounted under
> >CentOS 7?
> >>

> >​The kmod-jfs package needs to be rebuilt against the EL7.4 kernel. ​
> >
> >​We will update the bug report (
> >​http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=728 )
> >when the updated version is ready.
> >
> >Akemi
>
> Where does one see which kernel version the release is intended for? I
> should add that I installed it from elrepo earlier today on a current
> computer, not some time ago... No error messages.

​Try the following command on a computer you had kmod-jfs installed:

​$ ls -l `find /lib/modules -name jfs.ko`

It will show where the module was installed (in the extra/ directory) and
may show symbolic links to other kernel versions (if any) that are
compatible.

In the case of the kmod-jfs package, there was a kABI breakage when going
from el7.3 to el7.4. As a result, what was built against el7.3 was broken
in el7.4. It has now been built against the el7.4 kernel. This one is not
backward compatible with earlier (< 7.4) kernels.

Akemi