[CentOS] Maria 10 breaks unixodbc mysql connector

John Harragin

jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Mon Oct 30 19:22:59 UTC 2017

I recently installed mariadb-server 10.1 by adding the following repository:

baseurl = http://yum.mariadb.org/10.1/centos7-amd64

...all was well until we had a power failure and upon rebooting unixodbc
was segfaulting. Once I did a yum undo, the mysql odbc driver was
functional.

I traced it to the following:

[root at ec-ast yum.repos.d]# ldd /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5w.so | grep -iE
"my|maria"
    libmysqlclient.so.18 => /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.18
(0x00007f3dfb34c000)
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at ec-ast yum.repos.d]# repoquery -l MariaDB-server MariaDB-client
MariaDB-commo MariaDB-shared galera boost-program-options jemalloc rsync
lsof | grep lib64 | grep libmysqlclient
/usr/lib64/libmysqlclient.so
/usr/lib64/libmysqlclient.so.18
/usr/lib64/libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0
/usr/lib64/libmysqlclient_r.so
/usr/lib64/libmysqlclient_r.so.18
/usr/lib64/libmysqlclient_r.so.18.0.0

...notice the change in the path (/usr/lib64/mysql/).

I could reinstall mariadb-server, add a symlink and it would probably work,
but I thought it would be better to post and hopefully the maintainer of
whichever package (unixodbc, maria, mysql-connector...) should be
addressed, could be alerted to this issue in the event that it could (or
should) be fixed on a package level.

John