[CentOS] serial guests not booting until console attached

Fri Oct 13 17:45:28 UTC 2017
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

Since the update to 7.4.1708, I've got one KVM host that behaves very
similarly to:

These guests were installed with (snipped for brevity):

virt-install --name xxx --memory 2048 --vcpus 2 --location xxx --disk
xxx --disk xxx --network bridge=br0 --graphics none --autostart
--extra-args "console=ttyS0 ks=xxx" --rng /dev/urandom

Those guests simply hang until I use "virsh console <guest>", at which
time I see kernel messages immediately, so it seems like the guest's
GRUB2 runs normally, but the guest kernel does not.

Is anyone seeing similar problems?