[CentOS] how to prevent files and directories from being deleted?

Wed Oct 4 15:08:45 UTC 2017
Harold Toms <h.toms at qmul.ac.uk>

On 01/10/17 16:21, hw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I prevent files/directories like /var/run/mariadb from being
> deleted on reboot?  Lighttpd has the same problem.
>
> This breaks services and makes servers non-restartable by anyone else
> but the administrator who needs to re-create the needed files and
> directories every time and has to figure out what selinux labels they
> need.  This causes unnecessary downtimes.
>
> This is entirely inacceptable.  This totally sucks.

Assuming that your /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/mariadb.conf file contains:

d /var/run/mariadb 0755 mysql mysql -

the /var/run/mariadb should be recreated on every reboot... if it is
not, perhaps either the mysql user or group do not exist. Check
/etc/passwd and /etc/group.

--
regards