[CentOS] LVM not activating on reboot

Thu Oct 5 11:37:17 UTC 2017
Duncan Brown <centos2 at duncb.co.uk>

On 03/10/2017 21:28, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> Is /etc/mdadm.conf up to date?  Run "mdadm --detail --scan" to get the
> information you need, and either replace the lines in mdadm.conf or
> add the one that's missing.  You might need to rebuild the initrd
> afterward (dracut --force).  I'm unclear on why any of that would be
> necessary, though.  I don't usually add pre-existing arrays to running
> systems, so I'm a bit out of my experience here.

Thanks for the replies both

I'd already tried both those ideas before posting, I should have mentioned

In the end what fixed it was copying over the lvm.conf from the old
system backup, and rebuilding the initrd

I didn't think to diff the two before hand so not sure what it was that
changed, but sorted now anyway!

thanks again

Duncan