[CentOS] how to prevent files and directories from being deleted?

Mon Oct 9 12:06:35 UTC 2017
hw <hw at adminart.net>

Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org> writes:

> On Oct 3, 2017, at 13:12, hw <hw at adminart.net> wrote:
>>
>> I´m using the packages from mariadb.org.  The old version that comes in
>> Centos isn´t recommended, and I need features only the newer versions
>> provide.
>>

>> Lighttpd is from epel, and it has basically the same issue.
>
> If the mariadb.org package thinks /var/run is persistent, then it’s not intended for CentOS7.

Or it is intended for Centos and not done how it needs to be because
Centos differs from the FHS ...

> If the EPEL package did too, then there could be serious problems with
> that package. However, I see that it has a
> /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/lighttpd.conf, so it is ok.

Hm, then how come it´s so troublesome?

I have /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/httpd.conf.  It seems to have remained
because I had httpd (which is apache) installed and then switched to
lighttpd and removed httpd.

httpd is no longer installed.  The only installed package referring to
it is apache-commons-logging, and I don´t know why it hasn´t been
removed.

The contents of /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/httpd.conf indicate that this file
is for apache.  Why hasn´t this file been removed when httpd was
removed?

There is no file lighttpd.conf in /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d.

Does this mean that both packages, httpd and lighttpd, have serious
problems because they do not remove and do not install files correctly?

--
"Didn't work" is an error.