[CentOS] /var/run/... being deleted :((

Wed Oct 11 19:42:45 UTC 2017
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 10/11/2017 12:20 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 09/21/2017 08:14 AM, hw wrote:
>> what keeps deleting files and directories under /var/run?  Having them
>> deleted
>> is extremely annoying because after a reboot, things are suddenly
>> broken because
>> services don´t start.

*snip*

> The fact of the matter is that the EL7 behavior is to store /var/run in
> a temporary way, and that's not at all likely to be changed in EL7,
*snip*

When I need daemon (or other not human user) produced data to persist a
reboot, I use /srv - I don't know if that is technically correct or not,
but it seems highly unlikely /srv would ever be a candidate for wipe on
boot.

Perhaps the package in question could simply be patched to use /srv ??