[CentOS] [External] /boot partition too small

Thu Oct 12 13:00:19 UTC 2017
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 8:38 AM, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2017, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>
>> Stupid question: can't you do
>>
>> rpm -qa | grep ^kernel
>>
>> and then
>>
>> rpm -e <kernel file>
>

> With 100Mbyte /boot on a non-EFI system, I wouldn't have enough room for two
> kernels, so updates would be tricky.

      You have a point there. I was thinking the OP's situation was
/boot is a reasonable size but just got filled up because it was not
being monitored. And, as a result, he made yum sad. So now all he
wants is to clean it up just enough to use other stuff, and then as
mentioned before reconfigure grub2.cfg to keep only a couple of 3
kernels around.

Not going to say that happened to me in ubuntu before. O:)