[CentOS] lvconvert(split) - raid10 => raid0

Tue Oct 17 14:15:34 UTC 2017
Blake Hudson <blake at ispn.net>

Pulling (the correct) half of the HDDs would yield a degraded RAID10
array which is essentially the same disk layout as a RAID 0 array.
Unfortunately I have no experience with RAID level migration using LVM
to tell you the correct commands to do so in a supported manner. When
converting from RAID1 to RAID0, I believe you'd typically use lvconvert
with the -m0 option. For example, the following command would remove sdc
from lvol1:
     lvconvert -m0 vg/lvol1 /dev/sdc

Perhaps the command would be similar to break a RAID10 mirror(which is
typically created using the -m1 option like a RAID1 array)? This RedHat
page has some good info for RH7 LVM raid adminstration:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/logical_volume_manager_administration/lv

--Blake