[CentOS] Incorrect characters in Chinese font

Sun Oct 29 19:49:52 UTC 2017
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 15:03:49 -0400
H wrote:

> I had three characters I was not able to translate and after much
> hair-pulling realized to my surprise that they may be incorrectly drawn in
> Centos 7.

My first guess would be a faulty characters in whatever font you're using.

Compare it with a working font and see if that's the problem.  Type the problematic characters into a text editor.  Change the font in the text editor to a different one.  Did the character suddenly become correct?  If so, you've found the problem.

Then the short-term fix is to use a different (correct) font and the long-term solution will start with filing a bug report against the faulty font.