[CentOS] Incorrect characters in Chinese font

Sun Oct 29 22:23:34 UTC 2017
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 10/29/2017 03:12 PM, H wrote:
> On 10/29/2017 03:49 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 15:03:49 -0400
>> H wrote:
>>
>>> I had three characters I was not able to translate and after much
>>> hair-pulling realized to my surprise that they may be incorrectly drawn in
>>> Centos 7.
>> My first guess would be a faulty characters in whatever font you're using.
>>
>> Compare it with a working font and see if that's the problem.  Type the problematic characters into a text editor.  Change the font in the text editor to a different one.  Did the character suddenly become correct?  If so, you've found the problem.
>>
>> Then the short-term fix is to use a different (correct) font and the long-term solution will start with filing a bug report against the faulty font.
>>
> Frank, you are right. I switched from Monospace to DejaVu Sans and the three characters are correctly depicted.
>
> Now, how do I report the problem with the Monospace font used in CentOS 7?

Monospace is probably not the name of the font, but is telling the
application to use the default monospace font - which may be set by
something else.

What application is it?

It's quite possible that Monospace is actually DejaVu Sans Mono or
Liberation Mono or whatever the URW equivalent to Courier is.

If the glyph is one that uses combining unicode code-points, many
monospace fonts do not support all of them properly.