[CentOS] R: dplyr, doBy, and ggplot2 in CentOS7

Mon Oct 30 14:56:25 UTC 2017
Tony Schreiner <anthony.schreiner at bc.edu>

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 10:27 AM, Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have a R script that I am running from python with rpy2. On a debian
> system I run this:
>
> apt-get install R-cran-ggplot2 R-cran-caret
>
> And the script works. I want to move this to CentOS 7 system. There it
> cannot find R-cran-ggplot2 or R-cran-caret. Does anyone know what
> packages in CentOS 7 I need for dplyr, doBy, and ggplot2?

They are not in the CentOS or epel distros. I have built both dplyr and
ggplot2 for CentOS 6 and 7, using the spec file crated by R2spec (from
epell) and rpmbuild. They both require building several other R packages,
and a bit of tweaking to the %files portion of the spec file, but are
doable. I've never tried doBy or caret.
Feel free to contact me directly for more information,

Tony Schreiner