[CentOS] RH software collections

Tue Oct 31 15:44:11 UTC 2017
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On 31 October 2017 at 11:27, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
> Off topic, since it is a RH question, but I'm hoping someone here can
> point me to the right place to pursue this:
>
> We need an official RH build of nginx that contains the lua module(s),
> but the nginx builds in the rh scl repository do not.

If you need an official lua build then you already have an official
Red Hat subscription of some sort. Going through that would be the
best avenue as trying through the general CentOS mailing list would
not be useful. Also bringing it up on the software collections mailing
lists might be a better avenue. Adding support in packages is never
'free' in the sense that it adds more qa tests, more code paths and
possibly problems with existing functionality. This means that it
takes time and will be a while. If you need it sooner you are better
at doing it yourself.