[CentOS] Maria 10 breaks unixodbc mysql connector

Tue Oct 31 19:23:44 UTC 2017
John Harragin <jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us>

Thanks for each of your inputs.

It was not a configuration issue as odbcinst.ini does not reference the
mysql subdirectory.

Rather than use Alexander's url, I ran:
yum -y install centos-release-openstack-ocata
yum -y install mariadb-server
...the cloud repository provides the properly pathed file.

# repoquery -l mariadb-server mariadb-libs | grep lib64 | grep
libmysqlclient
/usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.18
/usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0

I installed this and isql was crashing. But (unlike the mariadb.com
repository,) is did install:
/usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
...in the appropriate subdirectory.

However my asterisk server is still running and it still has that file
open. I don't know if this keeps new processes referencing the .so file
that is open in ram. I'm not sure how the package manager addresses such
issues. Does it run ldconfig as part of the installation and defer
resolving issues till the involved files are closed?

For the moment I have again undoed the installation

I was waiting to post this till things were slow enough to restart
processes, run ldconfig, etc... Perhaps I need to do the install when no
odbc|maria|mysql files are open.

But this is the current state of things, and I will post the outcome later.

John