[CentOS] upgrade or install to Centos 7.4.1708

Tue Sep 19 17:18:15 UTC 2017
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 16:40:52 +0000
Richard wrote:

> The mate-gtk2/3 issue effects windows/menus/scrollbars and the like,
> not the login screen. See:
>
> <https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2017-August/165955.html>
>
> for that issue. I switched to the Adwaita theme, as suggested there.

Clearlooks-phenix also works fine with the latest C7/Mate and looks more like a "traditional" Gnome 2 desktop.

yum install clearlooks-phenix-gtk2-theme clearlooks-phenix-gtk3-theme

Go to the look and feel preferences setting on your desktop and select Clearlooks-phenix from the list.

And afterward you can

yum remove mate-themes

if you want because it's not needed any more.