[CentOS] cyrus spool on btrfs?

Matty matty91 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 12:48:43 UTC 2017

I think it depends on who you ask. Facebook and Netflix are using it
extensively in production:

https://www.linux.com/news/learn/intro-to-linux/how-facebook-uses-linux-and-btrfs-interview-chris-mason

Though they have the in-house kernel engineering resources to
troubleshoot problems. When I see quotes like this [1] on the
product's WIKI:

"The parity RAID code has multiple serious data-loss bugs in it. It
should not be used for anything other than testing purposes."

I'm reluctant to store anything of value on it. Have you considered
using ZoL? I've been using it for quite some time and haven't lost
data.

- Ryan
http://prefetch.net

[1] https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/RAID56